Monday, November 2, 2009

I haven't blogged in months. I haven't written or submitted in months either. Since July (the last time I wrote on this blog) so much has happened a lot of good and some not so good, but I am still alive so that is all that counts.
To cut to the chase, the reason I haven't been updating this blog is because I'm not sure exactly where I want to go with this now. It's like when you reach that point in a relationship where you have "the talk". Yeah, well me and this blog are at that cross roads. When I first started Chocolate Milk DC it was all about arts and events, so I covered a lot of gallery openings, museum exhibits, etc. Then I started interviewing artist which was cool. I have a love/hate attitude towards interviewing people, though. I love talking to people and getting to know folks but I am not really the nosey journalist type, so it's hard for me to just sit and ask some random person a bunch of random questions.
Shortly after that I started publishing more of my writing in other places; web sites, anthologies and magazines which made me want to use this blog as a way to some how advertised my own work but that just felt like shameful self promotion.

Which brings me to the present.

I've thought about turning this into a fashion blog (since I majored in Fashion Design in college) but while I love fashion and textiles, sometimes it seems more label driven than arts driven. I am not a huge music head, so this couldn't be a music blog and I'm just not angry enough to have a "I'm angry, so I am going to complain about life" blog.
All that being said, the post from here on out are going to be pretty random until I find my niche, again.