Friday, December 28, 2007

Happenings Around Town

Art Whino is slowly but surely putting themselves on the radar with their contemporary art exhibits and art classes. The classes are their newest venture and cost between $400- $600. A little pricey in my opinion, but if Gocco printing, and stencil art is your thing, then I guess it’s worth it. I’m sure you are wondering what the hell Gocco printing is; I Googled it and Gocco Printing is a Japanese printing technique done with a small, table top, plastic looking apparatus. It’s supposed to be a good alternative to screen printing.

This Saturday (12/29/07) the guys at Dissident Display are having a holiday dance party with booze and hot DJ’s. The invite, which I received via Myspace bulletin, informed party goers to give monetary donations for “great holiday beverages”. So, I’m guessing there will not be an abundance of alcoholic drinks, unless you plan on coughing up some cash. The party will be at their gallery/art space, if you need directions or the address just visit them here

I know this is supposed to be an arts and events blog, but I refuse to list all the parties, ceremonies, and orgies taking place on New Years Eve. As I’m sure you know, every venue with a bar and a sound system will be hosting some type of event, so just take your pick from the vast array of over stimulation.

See you in ’08!